Baked On The Hill Ice Cream
As always, when I do a feature article on someone doing great things with food or drink, I like to take some of their products and turn it into something you can make at home, other than just eating it as-is. For this recipe, I used Baked on the Hill's Espresso Dark Chocolate muffin, their Green Monster hemp protein bar, and the "Newtella" Chocolate Hazlenut spread.
First step is making the ice cream. If you have an ice cream machine, use your usual recipe, but I don't have one and make my ice cream with literally 2 ingredients.... Whipping cream and condensed milk. I whip the cream until it holds peaks, and add it to the condensed milk, stirring in my ingredients.
For the Baked on the Hill ice cream, I crumbled the Espresso Dark Chocolate muffin and Green Monster hemp protein bar and added it to the mixture, along with some chopped walnuts and vanilla. I also used the "Newtella" spread in the sauce, by melting it with some mixed field berries. The flavours all came together so well!
If you haven't already, be sure to check out my feature article on Baked on the Hill, and visit them at their various markets and get some of their fantastic, plant based baked goods.
- The Kid
For ice cream
2 cups whipping cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1 Espresso Dark Chocolate muffin
1 Green Monster hemp protein bar
2 tbsp chopped walnuts
For the sauce
1/4 cup Newtella Chocolate Hazlenut spread
1/2 cup Frozen mixed berries
2 tbsp Granulated sugar
1. Put metal bowl and beaters (or whisk if using a stand mixer) in the freezer for 30 minutes prior to starting, and put can of condensed milk in the fridge
2. Put 2 cups of whipping cream in bowl and whip until stiff peaks form when whisk or beaters are removed.
3. In a separate bowl, empty cold can of sweetened condensed milk, and stir in vanilla.
4. Using a spatula, slowly incorporate the whipping cream into the condensed milk, folding it in.
5. Add any other ingredients you want to use (for Baked on the Hill ice cream use the above mentioned ingredients) and fold them into the mixture.
6. Line a loaf pan with wax paper, and pour ice cream mixture into pan. Add another layer of wax paper on the top so it doesn't crystallize.
7. Leave in the freezer for a minimum of 6 hours. Remove when ready to eat. Scoop and serve with Newtella Berry Sauce
Newtella Berry Sauce
1. In a small saucepan, add chopped mixed berries and cook over medium heat, stirring often
2. Add Newtella and mix to incorporate into berries. Use your spatula or spoon to smash the fruits as they cook
3. Once mixture is combined, add to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
4. Use on bottom of ice cream, or drizzle on top.