Triple Chocolate Skor Cookies
This past week, something great happened. I started a new job! After almost 2 years being off work, and 24 job opportunities telling me I didn't have enough "transferable skills", I was finally given an opportunity to return to the work force and I couldn't be happier! While my time away has allowed me to create this blog, and work on my hopeful future business, having a routine is fun again!
Starting a new opportunity with new people is always exciting but can also cause some uneasy feelings. However, there is one great cure to help Day 1 go great.... fresh made cookies.... loaded with chocolate....! Lucky for me, the staff at my new job are amazing, and made me feel welcome. The new cookies just turned into a cool bonus!
These cookies are soft, chewy, and chocolaty! Does it get any better than that? Yup, it does. I added Skor pieces inside and on top for that crunch factor.
These Triple Chocolate Skor Cookies are pretty easy to make and you can easily use this recipe as a base, and add whichever ingredients you'd like. Peanut Butter Cups next time maybe? Nuts? All of the above?
Once I made my trip to the bulk foods store, picked up all my ingredients, and got home, it was time to crank the tunes and get to making some cookies! I used my KitchenAid stand mixer but you can use a hand mixer if you prefer, or don't have a stand mixer. When you add the Skor pieces to the top of the cookies, do so at the halfway mark and they will be just the right consistency of melted and crunchy. I also opted for a mix of dark chocolate chips and white chocolate chips. I find the taste of the different chocolates worked really well.
Needless to say, these Triple Chocolate Skor Cookies were a big hit and there were none left when it was time to head home. Make them for any get together, or maybe on a Monday morning at the office and prepare to be the office rock star for the day!
- The Kid
2 sticks + 2 tbsp butter or margarine (I used the new Becel sticks)
2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp smoked sea salt
2 cups chocolate chips (3/4 dark chocolate, 3/4 white chocolate, 1/2 cup chopped Skor pieces)
3/4 cup chopped Skor
1. Preheat oven to 350F and put rack on middle height
2. Add butter and sugar into the bowl of the stand mixer and mix until well combined.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until the eggs no longer run and are thoroughly combined.
4. Add the cocoa powder and mix on low setting to combine, then add the baking soda and salt. Blend until everything has been well incorporated
5. Slowly add the flour into the cookie mixture, and mix on low setting until everything has combined. (Note: I stop the mixer a few times at this step to scrape the edges of the bowl.)
6. Add the chocolate chips and Skor pieces and fold them in until they seem to be spread throughout the dough.
7. Drop 6-8 dough balls to a pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 4 minutes. After 4 minutes, top the cookies with a few Skor pieces and bake for another 5 minutes
8. When cookies are done, let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.